CFTC Chairman Rostin Behnam joins leaders from the ICVCM, VCMI, Verra and SBTi — along with corporate buyers, project developers, institutional investors and more — for Climate Week
Flowcarbon, the trailblazing carbon finance and technology company dedicated to scaling the voluntary carbon market, is proud to announce a roster of more than 40 speakers for its first-ever Carbon Smart Summit.
Set against the backdrop of Climate Week NYC, this all-day event will take place on September 19 at the Kimpton Hotel Eventi in New York City, with doors opening at 8 a.m.
Flowcarbon's Carbon Smart Summit will offer an unprecedented gathering of leading voices from across the carbon markets, focusing on such topics as policy and regulatory developments, the future of carbon avoidance and removals credits, innovative carbon finance structures, emerging market infrastructure, trends in corporate commitments, and the intersection of carbon markets and blockchain technology.
The distinguished lineup of speakers features luminaries from across the carbon market industry, including:
• Rostin Behnam, Chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
• Annette Nazareth, Chair of the Integrity Council for the Voluntary Carbon Market
• Judith Simon, President and Interim CEO, Verra
• Mark Kenber, Executive Director, Voluntary Carbon Markets Integrity Initiative (VCMI)
• Scarlett Benson, Beyond Value Chain Mitigation Lead, Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
• Alexia Kelly, Managing Director, Carbon Policy and Markets Initiatives, High Tide Foundation
• David Antonioli, Climate Change Advisor; former CEO, Verra
• Kelley Kizzier, Director of Corporate Action and Markets, Bezos Earth Fund
• Mark Patel, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Co.
“This Summit promises to be an exceptional gathering of those leading the market-defining institutions and initiatives in the VCM, in addition to new innovators, visionaries and builders committed to advancing the Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM) and helping it at a pivotal moment of growth and transformation,” says Flowcarbon CEO Dana Gibber.
“We look forward to hosting our community and facilitating in-depth conversations while also welcoming many carbon-curious professionals from the broader finance, investment and technology sectors — all of whom we are gratified to initiate into this exciting and impactful market.”
Find the full Carbon Smart Summit agenda here.
Founded in 2021 and backed by leading investors, Flowcarbon is a pioneering carbon finance and technology company committed to propelling the voluntary carbon market forward through financing, technical support and monetization for carbon project developers. Learn more at www.flowcarbon.com.